East Kirkby village iis on the A155 7 miles (11 km) south-east of Horncastle.
St Nicholas.Church a 13th century Grade II listed Anglican parish church, In the south aisle is a 14th century slab dedicated to Sir Robert Sylkestone (d. 1347)
A Wesleyan Methodisr chapel was established in 1862.
East Kirkby was the birthplace of Thomas Goodrich, or Goodricke, (1494–1554). Goderich was Bishop of Ely (1533–54) and Lord High Chancellor of England from 1551.
East Kirkby Mill is disused 1820 Grade II listed building.
The Meridian Line passes just to the east of East Kirkby through the former RAF East Kirkby airfield. The airfield was a World War II Royal Air Force base, part of which is now occupied by the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre.