Above the road stands the 15th century church which had at one time the father of Lord Alfred Tennyson as its rector. It is roughly built of green sandstone and patched with brick. The font is where the Tennyson boys were baptized. Alfred used to toll the bells in the tower. The church contains mementos and a bust of the poet.
Outside the porch is a well preserved 15th century cross while not far away is tomb of the poet's father who died in 1831.